Thread: Two Cancer Victims

Two Cancer Victims

My brother-in-law's young granddaughter was just discovered to have a growth in her leg bone. Chelsea will be having surgery tomorrow to remove it and have it biopsied. Please keep her in your prayers.

Also, my husband's co-worker just got downgraded to a much lesser position because of reorganization in the department. The day afterward, he was found to have throat cancer. William and his wife, Maria, can surely use our prayers.
    God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24

Quote Originally Posted by CCF_Carol View Post
    My brother-in-law's young granddaughter was just discovered to have a growth in her leg bone. Chelsea will be having surgery tomorrow to remove it and have it biopsied. Please keep her in your prayers.

Also, my husband's co-worker just got downgraded to a much lesser position because of reorganization in the department. The day afterward, he was found to have throat cancer. William and his wife, Maria, can surely use our prayers.
    Will pray for Chelsea, and for William and Maria. Please keep us updated.

An Ave for each of them.
    God bless!

Cocol

So the Faith was planted,
    so it must be restored!
    ~~Saint Edmund Campion, SJ~~

I, too, will keep them in my prayers, Carol.

Illness is always illness, but the situation in which it appears can make it so much more distressing. The age of the patient, the work status of the patient, make the illness (or hopefully, potential illness in Chelsea's case) seem so much more grave. May both families see this as an opportunity to find a way to trust in God's loving will for them.

Have a blessed day.

Dear Carol,

Thanks for your prayer requests on behalf of Chelsea and for William and Maria. Please let them know that we are keeping them in our prayers. May the Holy family enfold them in God's Love.

your sister in Christ,
    Deborah

Some especially hopeful news for William: My husband and I went to visit them on Saturday, and while there, his doctor called to advise that the test resullts were wrongly interpretted. There is, it seems, a problem with a gland in the neck that needs further investigation and might itself be cancerous, but the throat itself is fine.

The great hope that news inspired is a treasure, and to see the weight lifting from this couple was a very special grace. Prayer is such a beautiful tool to give to anyone who is afflicted, isn't it?
    God's peace!
    Carol

The wisdom from above is first of all pure,
    then peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits,
    without inconstancy or insincerity.
    And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who cultivate peace.

James 3:17-18

“On that day the deaf shall hear the words of a scroll; and out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see…And those who err in spirit will come to understanding, and those who grumble will accept instruction.” ~ Isaiah 29:18, 24

This is good to hear!

...and, yes it is!
    God bless!

Cocol

So the Faith was planted,
    so it must be restored!
    ~~Saint Edmund Campion, SJ~~